JobsFull Time / New York
CityPockets Looking for Web Engineer
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, build and test core components of the CityPockets platform
- Create innovative solutions to platform requirements; think outside the box to get things done
- Optimize slow performing web transactions
- Become a leader on the team; help grow and mentor new engineers
We Want You If You…
- Are well versed in Ruby (or other scripting languages such as Python or PHP)
- Have knowledge of mobile programming language (Java, Objective C)
- Have system administration experience and can deal with database administration such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB
- Have experience scaling web applications
- Have experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc)
- Have experience developing APIs
And Even Better If You...
- Have contributed to open source projects or side projects
- Have experience in Test Driven Development
- Have coded with Haml/Sass/CoffeeScript
- Have used testing frameworks like Capybara, Cucumber, RSpec
Please send you resume to
and include any links to web applications you've helped build in the past, screenshots and/or documents you've used. We can't wait to hear from you!
Why Work at CityPockets?
We are huge advocates of promoting entrepreneurship and leadership at our workplace, and we’d like to attract team members that are passionate, ambitious and want to make a real impact that is immediately visible. We want to contribute as much to your personal development as you contribute to the company. At CityPockets, you will learn to take risks and push the limits with a group of hardcore entrepreneurs, experienced advisors and investors.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Above market-rate stock options
- Healthcare benefits
- Generous allowance for Apple hardware
- Free meals and snacks at work
- Cool office with a huge loft in Chelsea
- Open and creative environment
- Flexible Hours
- Startup/Entrepreneur Mentorship